TripArc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TripArc

The new forums of Prit & Arc. Oh, and let's not forget Hum.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» TOPICAL NEWS LADZ
Review Corner I_icon_minitimeby Prit Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:07 pm

» lets raceThe length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters
Review Corner I_icon_minitimeby Prit Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:09 pm

» AM I LEFTThe length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 charactersThe length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 charactersThe length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 char
Review Corner I_icon_minitimeby Arc Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:07 pm

» my fave meme
Review Corner I_icon_minitimeby Arc Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:05 pm

» https://triparc.forumotion.co.uk/t94-topichttps://triparc.forumotion.co.uk/t94-topichttps://triparc.forumotion.co.uk/t94-topichttps://triparc.forumotion.co.uk/t94-topichttps://triparc.forumotion.co.uk/t94-topichttps://triparc.forumotion.co.uk/t94-topichttp://tr
Review Corner I_icon_minitimeby Arc Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:03 pm

» my fave meme
Review Corner I_icon_minitimeby Prit Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:03 pm

» Review Corner
Review Corner I_icon_minitimeby Prit Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:10 am

» PHAT BADASS RECORD BREAKA
Review Corner I_icon_minitimeby Prit Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:40 pm

» oLooadslLThe length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters
Review Corner I_icon_minitimeby Prit Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:07 am

Most active topics
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Minecraft Screenshots & Discussion
Prit's Graffiti. *Graff Name - Trippy OR TR3I*
General Music Discussion.
Noobfayces Minecraft Server
Bye bye Survival...?/1.8 shiz
Review Corner
Off-Topic Thread
What's YOUR favourite food?
What's YOUR favourite colour?
Top posters
Prit (519)
Review Corner EmptyReview Corner EmptyReview Corner Empty 
Arc (324)
Monkyman260 (44)
TroyTheDungeonMaster (39)
Humbug (34)
KAWkSLINGer (6)
Wing (3)

Review Corner

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Prit
Hey, how's it goin?
Hey, how's it goin?
Prit

Humor : I'm JAAJ

Review Corner Empty
PostSubject: Review Corner   Review Corner I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 8:56 am

Okay, so now that we've finished our Prodigyfest, LET'S DO AN OVERALL REVIEW thING, LoOL.

Experience Expanded: Remixes & B-Sides Remastered (2008)

(Original 1992)

The Prodigy

Review Corner Grid_Gold_Disc --DISC 1--

• Jericho
"THE WHORES OF JERICHO!"

7/10
Good.

Basically, it kinda sums up Experience straight away, overpowering beat, decent tune, retarded sound effects. Slightly unbalanced, but the old skool piano and the PUMPIN bass make this song ight. Lose the SFX and it would be pretty good.

- Music Reach (1/2/3/4)
6/10
Decent

• Wind It Up
I would take Arc's quote, but it's Arc's, so I'll just go with
"Wind it up!"
8/10
Epic.

Pretty much epic. Nice beat, good keyboardNESs, vocals that actually FIT, nicely balanced tuneZ and PHAT beATS, this makes The Prodigy Experience a little more LIKEABLE at this stage in the album.

- Your Love (Remix)
7/10
Good

Hyperspeed (G-Force Part 2)
6/10
Decent

• Charly (Trip Into Drum And Bass Version)
"Charly says always tell your mummy before you go off somewhere."
4/10
Bad

Wtf this is shit. Alley Cat Remix clearly pwns this. Where the hell is the drum and bass?! AND that quote is missing...

• Out Of Space
"I'll take your brain to another dimension!"
10/10
Jizz

Definately my favourite Prodigy song. Energetic, HAPPy, has a humurous sample, epic GLOCKEN.wav and a good beat to go with it. Really like the rap-y bit with the beat.

- Everybody In The Place (155 And Rising)
5/10
Okay

• Weather Experience
"...showers, good."
8/10
Good (Just like the showers)

Every Prodigy album (well at least the older ones) have a Weather XP and this is THE original Weather XP. A good little break from the RETARDED SFXfest, build up is a bit tedious, but I guess it's kinda worth it, though it really isn't all that epic.

• Fire (Sunrise Version)
"I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE, AND I BRING YOU...FIRE!!!"
9/10
Epic

Really like this one, has some catchy tuneness, I guess, lyrics are decent, some humour, nice old skool keyboardness.

- Ruff In The Jungle Bizness
4/10
Bad

- Death Of The Prodigy Dancers (Live)
4/10
Bad

Review Corner Grid_Strad_Disc --DISC 2--

• Your Love
"Your love"
7/10
Good

Decent tune, but not great. Isn't utterly crap though.

• Ruff In The Jungle Bizness (Uplifting Vibes Remix)
"Ruff in the jungle in the, in the jungle"
8/10
Good

Adds a good alternate tone to the song overall, un-gayifies the original and makes it really more enjoyable overall and less annoying. Nicely catchy.

• Charly (Alley Cat Remix)
8/10
Good

Really good remix, makes the original and the "drum and bass" version seem REALLY crap. Catchy, flows better, sounds better.

- Fire (Edit)
8/10
Good

• We Are The Ruffest
"Every time we blink-I mean play, we are the ruffest, we are the ruffest, see?"
6/10
Decent

It's ight, "love together" is a bit annoying, apart from that it's DECE.

- Weather Experience (Top Buzz Remix)
2/10
Jilted

- Wind It Up (Rewound)
5/10
Okay

• G-Force (Energy Flow)
"Everyboady!"
9/10
Jizz

BRILLIANt song. Accordian is a nice touch, really does have an energy flow feel, epic bass, epic tune, epicNEss

- Crazy Man
3/10
Bad

- Out Of Space (Techno Underworld Remix)
5/10
Okay

• Everybody In The Place (Fairground Remix)
8/10
Epic

Really like this remix, a lot better than the original, Their Law made it a proper CLASSEECK TUunE.

- Android
4/10
Bad

- Out Of Space (Live From Pukkelpop 2005)
6/10 (cos this live version is a bit crap)
Okay

Last edited by Prit on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:41 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://triparc.forumotion.co.uk
Arc
Cock Blocker
Arc

Humor : Andy Richardson

Review Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review Corner   Review Corner I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 9:25 am

THE PRODIGY: EXPERIENCE (EXTENDED REMIXES AND B-SIDES EDISH)

Lol Edish....

DISC 1

- Jericho

7/10

"Feel the base pump down on me EM NO"

This song has a good tune to it, but the vocals are a bit gay...
So yeah, get rid of the WHORES OF JERICHO and some of the other random crap and it would be better.

- Music Reach (1/2/3/4)

4.5/10

Its a bit SHITE. Imo they could have done better than this... The other stupid thing is that Jercho and this are at the start so the album starts a bit gayly.

- Wind it up

8.5/10

"Choir.mp3"

This is a really good song. You have a SOLID tune with some pIANO Thrown in for added epicness and the vocals aren't the usual retarded exp standard.

- Your Love (remix)

8/10

"Epicpianosolo.wav"

This is a good CHOON, its definitely iPod worthy. It has an epic piano solo (as stated above) and it also has a dreamy tune bit near the end which i think is good.

- Hyperseed (G-Force Part 2)

6/10

"ROGER THAT DAN"

Okay so this....this... Well its OKAY. It starts off pretty good once you're past the weird walkie talkie thing but then, the vocals/chorus-y bit are slightly gay

- Charly (Trip into drum & bass)

3/10

"Charly says NOTHING APPARENTLY"

This song is crap. It doesnt even 'trip' into D&B as it claims to. Other versions are better.

- Out of Space

10/10

"Pay close attention!"

ITS SEX. LOOK AT IT. Well listen to it. The whole thing is good, the vocals, the samples, the tune, the bassline, the GLCOKSPIELE.

- Everybody in the place (155 and Rising)

4/10

"..."

Okay. If you listen to fairground remix you will hate this forever.

- Weather Experience

8.5/10

"But for Scotland, Northern Island and in Wales, it'll be a fine dry day."

This song is good. It starts off with an instant DREAMyTUNe.mp3 which I enjoy. The build up to the doot fest is a bit fat but its still good.

- Fire (Sunrise Version)

9/10

"When I was a YOOF, I used to burn cali WeeD in BLAHBLAHBJBABH"

This song is epic. It has HARDCORE piano BACKING going on and the lyrics are just lolass enough to make it good.

- Ruff in the Jungle Bizzness

4/10

"RAWR"

Its gay cos the lyrics over-rape the actual song. And it doesnt even say 'rawr' but it sounds like it does.

- Death of the prodigy Dancers (live)

4.5/10

".|.."

Not that good...

DISC 2

- Your Love

7/10

"YOUR LUL"

Its ALREET, good tune and shite. Nice way to start this disc.

- Ruff in the Jungle Bizzness (Uplifting Vibes remix)

8.5/10

"FEEl TeH JuNGle ViBE BABEZ"

I feel unclean after saying that and idk why. Anyway this song is a FAT step up from the original PILE. The lyrics are more balanced with the tune this time and the SFX are good.

- Charly (Alley Cat remix)

8.5/10

"MEOWEWSDWEEEMUHHH"

QUALITY CHOON THIS. No but its good. Good bassline and catchy tune, the lyrics and SFX are a bit LOLASS which also makes it good.

- Fire (Edit)

9/10

SeXUAL song with good lyrics and good tune. BUT ITS TOO FAGGING SHORT (twss).

- We Are the Ruffest

5/10

"nah you're not"

Tbh I forgot most of how this goes. From what i remember it was alright...

- Weather Experience (Top Buzz remix)

2.5/10

"8==D"

Seriosuly wtf is this. It has a SHITE build up to fuck all. I know it didnt have the dootfest, did it even have the Dreamy Tune that MAKES The original? Well it can SHOVE IT.

- Wind it up (Rewound

8/10

"PU TI DNIW"

Good mix of the original. At least this one doesn't completely RAPE the song like most of them...

- G-Force, Pt.1 (Energy Flow)

Over9000/10

"EPICACCORDIAN.wav"

WTF IS THIS HOLY MASTERPIECE. Omfg this is my favourite song I swear. Well its fighting with a few others but its def in my top 3. EPIC TUNE. EPIC SAMPLES. Lyrics are good enough so that they dont drag it down. SFX are good.KILLER PIANO SOLO. ACCORDIAN IS THE BEST SYNTH SOUND EVER CREATED THE WANTED ARE NOT WORTHY TO USE IT. I also like how it seems to be two different songs.

- Crazy Man

2/10

"gay"

Ffs after that JIZZFEST the whole album gets pulled down by this cock. Too random and tune is a bit gay.

- Out of Space (Techno Underground Remix)

6/10

" Review Corner 3142025678 "

Pretty good song. Not the best but certainly not a HEAP OF SHIT.

- Everybody in the Place (Fairground remix)

9.5/10

"EVErYBoDy Thats In Teh pLACE"

Really good song, lolass SFX that actually sound like a fairground and the tune is HARDCORE.

- Android

7/10

"UH YEAH UH UH UH UH"

Seriously, this song is alright. The tune is good. The SFX are good. The only thing that really ruins it for me is that the vocals sound like Jack Black, Fluttershy and Elmo having a three way.

- Out of Space (Live from Pukkelpop 2005)

5/10

"Crowd.mp3"

Yeah its live so... Live is a bit gay.

Disc 1 Bar Chart

Review Corner ExperienceDisc1graph

EDIT: The Disc 2 one was fucking shit quality and idk why...

Last edited by Arc on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:24 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://youtu.be/jfdPYwXwFbk
Prit
Hey, how's it goin?
Hey, how's it goin?
Prit

Review Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review Corner   Review Corner I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 8:28 am

Okay, so Experience was a decent album, but with a few too many sound effects. But what about The Prodigy's second album, Music For The Jilted Generation? Well basically, have a huge problem with this album, becuase it's SHITE.
Yeah, maybe it WAS a revolutionary album at the time, but now it's just absolutely fucking awful. There's only about 4 tracks I like on this album, 3 of which I prefer the improved versions of which were later released on Their Law. It's the reason why the lowest rating on this whole review thing is Jilted.
But at least it was the album that lead up to the development of the masterpiece that is The Fat Of The Land.
Anyway, here's my quick little review on Jilted.
It took a deceptively long time cos the album's FAT.

More Music For The Jilted Generation (2008)

(Original 1994 - Named Music For The Jilted Generation)

The Prodigy

Review Corner Grid_Strad_Disc --DISC 1--

- Intro
0/10
Jilted

- Break & Enter
2/10
Jilted

• Their Law
"Fuck 'em and their law!"
7/10
Epic
Well, the 05 Edit is epic. The original drags on a bit and doesn't have the same impact as the improved version. The Singles album is named after this song, and yeah, it isn't the best song on there, but it is fairly damn good. Great use of electric guitar samples, great beat and a nice addition of synth towards the end of the song. Vocals are decent and nicely aggresive. However, the complete change in tone of the song kinda ruins the flow for a couple of seconds, but it gets good again after the little shift. Ends a little abruptly, though.

- Full Throttle
0/10
Jilted

• Voodoo People
"The voodoo, who do, what you don't dare do people!"
8/10
Epic
Amazing song, obviously resulted in the epic Pendulum Mix. Gonna go for the 05 Edit over the original again, the original drags on a bit and lacks some good edits (like the enhanced beat). The beat did seem a little off-putting on the first couple of listens, but after getting into the song I've come to like it. I think I didn't really like this originally due to hearing the Pendy Mix first and getting used it's epicness, but after hearing this loads I've gotten into this epicness. Nice build up to the fucking epic DOoDLEEEDOodooDOO, decent vocals, nice lyrics, good bass and great flow.

- Speedway (Theme From Fastlane)
0/10
Jilted
Worst song on the album.

- The Heat (The Energy)
0/10
Jilted

• Poison
"I got the poison, I got the remedy, I got the pressure, the pressure!"
8/10
Epic
After a really slow fucking song, you get this fat epic song, and you start to wonder why I didn't rate this as Jizz, because it's so epic in comparison to what you've heard so far. Well basically, it lacks a bit of kick. It starts well, and you get into the mood for something fat, but when it does kick in, you can think "Is that it...?". The build up on the beat with fat cymbals doesn't help, it just ruins it. But, then you reach the epic bit, THE BONGO DRUMS (Their Law version only). Yeah, that's right, the epic bongo drums, THE best most EPIC part of the song is not part of the album, but meh, whatever, I have this version, and glad I don't have the original.

• No Good (Start The Dance)
"You're no good for me, I don't need nobody, don't need no-one, that's no good for me!"
9/10
Jizz

Best song on the album. If this was the song that defined Jilted then I'd understand why it recieved so much praise even today. It is just so good. Yeah, it's 6 minutes long, but it's definately worth it, especially compared to the other crap fat songs on the album. Really good breakbeat, good tune, nice high tempo flow and a decent vocal loop. Fun fact: Plan B took the chorus from this song and used it in his debut album (the good one) Who Needs Actions When You Got Words on the song No Good. I think you can tell from the title of the song alone, actually...

- One Love
7/10
Good

Good, but obvs the AEYAAAAAAAAAAAH! Is fucking retarded.

- 3 Kilos
0/10
Jilted

- Skylined
0/10
Jilted

- Claustrophobic Sting
0/10
Jilted

Review Corner Grid_11_Disc --DISC 2--

- Break & Enter (2005 Live Edit)
3/10
Bad

- Their Law (Live At Pukkelpop)
6/10
Good

Lol, he says "Tell em 'all to suck my balls"

- No Good (Start The Dance) (Bad For You Mix)
7/10
Good

- Scienide
3/10
Bad

- Goa (The Heat, The Energy Part 2)
0/10
Jilted

- Rat Poison
5/10
Okay

- Voodoo People (Dust Brothers Remix)
Now known as The Chemical Brothers
LOoL it's Voodoo Beats but slower
5/10
Okay

PS: Finish your Exp review, ARc.
Back to top Go down
Prit
Hey, how's it goin?
Hey, how's it goin?
Prit

Review Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review Corner   Review Corner I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 8:37 am

So Jilted was Jilted. The less said about that, the better. But it was the predecessor to this FAT JIZZFEST which is...

The Fat Of The Land (1997)

The Prodigy

There's only one disc so ASJDHGA

• Smack My Bitch Up
"Woah!"
10/10
Jizz

Epic start to an epic album. The start provides a nice little build up to the epic beat and bassline that follows it and the series of the repeated word that sums up the song effectively (see above quote). The guitar samples add to the dark tone of the song and the beat is right in ya face to highlight the agressiveness of the song. The chorus makes it ravey and the Shanin w/e-the-fuck-she's-called-in vocals of the main build up make the ravey have a bigger, better impact on arrival.

• Breathe
"Breathe with me."
10/10
Jizz

And to lead on from SMBU is another classic that is Breathe. Great song, the reason why it's a classic? It's catchy (I guess...), has an epic beat, epic bassline, great use of samples and a heavy chorus with some decent vocals. Nice little build up in this one with the acoustic guitar.

• Diesel Power
"The melody is phat"
8/10
Epic

Nice beats put to good use here, the rap by Kool Keith is decent here, he's a little old skool, but then again this was 1997. Overall, decent song, but not really a Jizz-worthy tune, seeming as the rap isn't MIND BLOWING (even though the main bit says it is) and it isn't an EPIC RAVE either.

• Funky Shit
"Oh my god, that's the funky shit!"
9/10
Epic

Dece beat, good tune, 'ight vocals, OK samples, flows well and is catchy at times, overall pretty good. Has a good buildy-upy bit too.

• Serial Thrilla
"Taste Me"
9/10
Epic

Nah, I'm alright, Keith. But this is a good song. Only problem with this is that it gets a bit boring towards the end with all the quieter bits where the beat goes muffled and you get all those turntable SFX bits.

• Mindfields
"Wooshock!"
9/10
Good

Great song, love the new word invention there (see above quote). Good beat, good tune, 'ight lyrics some un-annoying SFX. Flows nicely, has an INTENSE build up bit, and I like how the beat changes for some parts to preserve the flow.

• Narayan
"If you believe in the Western Sun..."
7/10
Good
Oh no, it's gone slightly downhill here. Yeah, this is FOTL's Weather XP, and it isn't a good Weather XP. The beat is fucking epic, the bass is k, the sfx fit in, the vocals are FUCKING SHIT. The lyrics are ABSOLUTE FUCKING BULLSHIT WTF IS HE ON ABOUT. And the song is just too fucking long, the end is a fucking painfully long build up to Firestarter, which is good, but no song needs a fucking long dragged out build up like this one, fucking hell...
The little build up-y bit with the echo-y sitar sample sounds good though.

• Firestarter
"I'm the bitch ya hated, filth infactuated, YEAAH!"
9/10
Epic

Well at least they yank it back up a notch to restore the epicness of this album. The beat does kinda disoreientate you a bit, well it does that to me, straight after the slower beat and longass build up at the end of Narayan, but this song overall is pretty epic. Good guitar sample, nice Hey Heys to add to the song, good agressive lyrics, Keith definately stands out here.

• Climbatize
fuckingepicbass.wav
10/10
Jizz

This bass is badass, go kill yourself if you don't agree. The beat fits nicely, everything else seems to work well. WHO GIVES A FUCK IF THERES NO VOCALS, it makes sure the song isn't fucking retarded. So yeah, this is a really good finisher, one of the best songs on the album, although most may not recognize it, it's really quite jizz-worthy.

- Fuel My Fire
7/10
Decent

Not really going into this one, as I'm not really too familiar with the original song (it's a cover, if you didn't know btw).

--Bonus Tracks (Japan Only)--

But don't worry, they were later released in 2005 on Their Law.

- Molotov Bitch
7/10
Decent

• No Man Army
9/10
Epic

Dunno about you, but I really like this song. Tom Morrello doing his thing on the guitars here, don't mind him...but, yeah really good song, catchy and works really well. Nicely mixed.

Okay, Arc, you go be the guy who cba.
Back to top Go down
Prit
Hey, how's it goin?
Hey, how's it goin?
Prit

Review Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review Corner   Review Corner I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 8:55 am

Right getting down with the REVIEWs, want to finish these so I can make AVERAGE graphs after, and might do more reviews after Prodigy ones. So now it's time for AONO.

Okay, so some people (obvs including The Prodigy) shun this album cos one guy left and there were SHIT tyMEz for the group and blah blah blah, but tbh, IDGAF. It's not like I was part of the group and lost a good friend, I just look at albums as music, not shit that marks important and painful memories in a band's life.

Anyway, AONO isn't AMAZING, but Liam made it all on tour, I mean cmon, that has to count for something, it's a fucking laptop album, and it sounds pretty DAYmn good for something produced on-the-go (lool iPod playlists).

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned (2004)

The Prodigy

• Spitfire
"'cause you know that I can!"
9/10
Epic

Epic start off. Nice BEAT, powerful SHet, vocals that fit, DEECE lyrics, have to say I obvs prefer the 05 version for not dragging on and being faster paced.

• Girls
"Imagine how it would be to be at the top, making cash money..."
8/10
Good

Have to say, I really like this song. Not EPIC, but it's good, I don't mind the vocals, the lyrics are DEECE, the tune is catchyish and good, the beat DROPs well, overall pretty good.

• Memphis Bells
7/10
Good

Beat is pretty fAPic, song flows nicely, the lyrics & vocals aren't that great tbh, the bells aren't exactly EPIC. I only really approve of lolass sfx if they're epic... so the bells and vocals kinda drag this down a bit. Gotta love the beat and bass though. The weird synth bit is a bit gay.

• Get Up Get Off
Twista is a fucking rapid rapper.
8/10
Epic

Really like this, it's suprisingly good, lool. The rapping is good, but ceebz quoting it. The beat is good, the tune is dEECe, the bonus vocals are k.

• Hot Ride
"Hot ride in my beautiful, my beautiful balloon"
8/10
Epic

CLASSEEck, tbh. Great song, vocals could be better. Tune is epic, beat is dEEce, the bass is k. Other shit isn't too powerful and annoying.

• Wake Up Call
"Back on tour, 1 2 3 we goin' back on 4, you better wake up."
9/10
Epic

Epic fucking song, WHY DONT I HAVE THIS FFs. I want this to be my alarm.

- Action Radar
7/10
Decent

This is where it gets a bit shit. Not that great, but it's still DEEce, I guess.

- Medusa's Path
7/10
Okay

This is AONO's Weather Exp. It's okay. Hate how Liam's beats always pwn. Lool. This one drags on a bit. Bit of Middle EastERNy feel goin down here.

- Phoenix
5/10
Bad

Really dislike this one. Just not feeling it tbh.

• You'll Be Under My Wheels
"I rock, I rock, I rock, I rock, I roll, I roll, I roll, I roll"
9/10
Epic

Classic, really good, amaZIng, FAPic song. Just works perfectly. At a nice lowered tempo that isn't too slow, too. Nice little different tune that's a little toned down but still pretty bIg sounding.

• The Way It Is
"That's just the way it is."
8/10
Good

Really like this one, prefer the remix on Their Law, but it's still good. What I like about this is that he doesn't decide to faG it up and removes all of MJ's vocals, lool.

- Shoot Down
8/10
Good

Good rounding off ending to AONO. Has a deEce KICK to it. Flows well, vocals are a bit CRap, lyrics - IDk!?21. Nice use of guitar looPS here.

ONE MORE LEFt. O:
Back to top Go down
Arc
Cock Blocker
Arc

Review Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review Corner   Review Corner I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:52 am

Salty come and a gang bang bang.

Back to top Go down
Prit
Hey, how's it goin?
Hey, how's it goin?
Prit

Review Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review Corner   Review Corner I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:50 am

So after a bit of a break, The Prodigy came back with IMD. A pretty decent comeback, here's my REViEWs

Invaders Must Die Special Edition (2009)
(Original 2009 as well)

The Prodigy

Review Corner Grid_Green_Disc --DISC 1--

• Invaders Must Die
"We are The Prodigy"
9/10
Jizz

Obviously an epic start to the album. Perfect build up, PHATASS beat, epic tune, just amazing, really. Though I have to say it isn't as good as anything on FOTL, and has worn down a lot, unlike, well, ALL of the songs on FOTL, which is why this falls short of the BIG TENNA.

• Omen
"The writings on the wall, it won't go away"
9/10
Epic

Again, really good song, for the same reasons as IMD, but it really is no match for anything on FOTL.

• Thunder
"This kind of thunder break walls and window pane."
8/10
Good

Pretty good song, it starts off with a good build up, introduces some semi-humorous but not annoying vocals and has a decent tune. But kinda average for The Prodigy tbh. Nothing too outstanding.

• Colours
"I can see the PHREEK in your eyes!"
8/10
Good

Pretty good song overall, not AMAZIng, though, bit like Thunder. Have we heard this bassline before? (Hint: Memphis Bells).

• Take Me To The Hospital
"Along came a spider"
9/10
Jizz

Have to say, very impressed with this SHet. Become a CLASSEECK tune, lol, the vid. Anyway, really feel the guys working together on this, none of this SAMPLE vocal crap, they're actually doing everything themselves here.

• Warrior's Dance
"Come with me to the dancefloor"
9/10
Jizz

Pretty much FApic. This has also become a CLASSEECK tune. A little dissapointed that Liam H said there isn't gonna be any of this on the new record. This is just EPicallY powERFul.

• Run With The Wolves
"You run with the wolves, shout it out loud!"
7/10
Decent

Not really feeling this track. It has to be the worst on the main album. Sorry, but it just simply doesn't feel that great when you listen to it.

- Omen Reprise
7/10
Good

Well, it's good for a reprise, lool.

• World's On Fire
"You're so special, why aren't you dead?"
8/10
Epic

Really good song. Just overall has a really dark and epically powerful feel to it. Definitely a proper Prodigy track. Yes, the doots are epic, Arc.

- Piranha
7/10
Good

Yeah, a bit lolass trippy shet. Nothing special, though.

• Stand Up

9/10
Jizz

I have to say, this is THE best ending to any album I've heard, lol. Pretty much epic overall, completely different to any other electronica I've heard, lol. Just has a great tune, and a nice beat.

Review Corner Grid_Blocks_Disc --DISC 2--

• The Big Gundown

8/10
Good

Yeah, it's 'ight, I guess. Not much goes on, guess it's all about the BEAts. I works well, the little guitar sample bit sounds BADass, adding some epicness to the song overall.

• Wild West

8/10
Good

Has a bit more DEPTH than The Big Gundown. Pretty FUNky beat, nice bass, the guitar sampling works nicely.

- Omen - Live
7/10
Good

• Invaders Must Die - Liam H Re-amped Version

7/10
Good

Have to say, I prefer the original version over this one. Though they like to play this one live, and it also features on the radio. It isn't bad, some good dooty extensions at the "Invaders must die!" bit, but I have to say the re-done bass doesn't sound as good as the original, the beat is okay I guess, but I prefer the original, and shifting the focus of the tune to the other bit doesn't ruin it too much, but misses the whole EPICness of the original's main tune. Liam could've just not made this tbh, lol.

- Invaders Must Die - Chase & Status Remix
5/10
Okay

- Omen - Noisia Remix
7/10
Decent

I guess it's good for a remix. I mean, it doesn't completely ruin the whole song. It keeps some important features of Omen, and the done-up bass sounds pretty epic tbh, sticking to the style of The Prodigy, the new beat is decent too. The choice of a different tune does kind of sway off the main feel of Omen slightly, though, bringing the score down a bit. And this dubstep-y kind of bit could've not been here, lol. At least it isn't an SFX orgy.

- Omen - Herve's End of the World Remix
4/10
Bad

A bit shit.

- Warrior's Dance - Future Funk Sqaud's 'Rave Soldier' Mix
2/10
Jilted

Very shit.

- Warrior's Dance - Benga Remix
6/10
Okay

Meh, it's 'ight. A different take on the song, I guess.

- Warrior's Dance - South Central Remix
7/10
Decent

I like South Central, so I don't want to give this a really shit review, lol. But anyway, yeah I think it deserves a Decent 7/10, mainly because they do sway off the main feel of WD a bit too much tbh. They take the whole thing into a South Central feel, and completely eradicate the whole Prodigy feel, which isn't too bad, but still, it kinda completely kills the originality of WD. More of a different song that samples WD rather than a remix. But, it's not as shit as some other remixes.

- Take Me To The Hospital - Rusko Remix
0/10
Jilted

Oh god, my ears, this is awful.

- Take Me To The Hospital - Sub Focus Remix
1/10
Jilted

From the guy who ruined SMBU. Yeah this is pretty obviously SHet.

- Take Me To The Hospital - Josh Homme and Liam H's Wreckage Mix
8/10
Good

Really like this remix. Once you see an ORIGINAL band member in this, you know it's gonna be good, lol. I was initially surprised to see the lead guy from Queens Of The Stone Age in this, but I later found The Prodigy are into QOTSA, so I guess it all makes sense now, lol. Anyway, have to say they did a good job on this, a more overall darker feel with a pretty good sounding outcome, there are a couple of weak areas, but I think it's pretty good overall.

- Take Me To The Hospital - Losers Middlesex A&E Remix
0/10
Jilted

Mixing up the lyrics makes the whole thing make no fucking sense, wtf. Piss off this is shit.

- Invaders Must Die - Yuksek Remix
7/10
Good

Omg IMD - Uplifting Vibes Mix. This is lolass.

- Thunder - Bang Gang Remix
5/10
Okay

Meh.

OkAY, timE foR GRPAhs. The Prodigy Reviews by Prit - 100% Complete!

Back to top Go down
Prit
Hey, how's it goin?
Hey, how's it goin?
Prit

Review Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review Corner   Review Corner I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:21 am

So here's my overall score graph for Prodigy albums.

Did it for disc 1s only. Bonus tards are a bit GHEy.

Review Corner 28729474
Back to top Go down
Arc
Cock Blocker
Arc

Review Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review Corner   Review Corner I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:49 am

Omg I disagree so FATLY with some of this.
How the hell is Hot Ride better than WoF?
Back to top Go down
Prit
Hey, how's it goin?
Hey, how's it goin?
Prit

Review Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review Corner   Review Corner I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:01 am

I didn't say Hot Ride was better than WoF... wtf...?
Back to top Go down
Arc
Cock Blocker
Arc

Review Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review Corner   Review Corner I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:54 am

WTF IT WAS a 9 LAST NIGHT.
Well why did you say Wake up Call is better.
Tbh I dont really like AONO
Back to top Go down
Prit
Hey, how's it goin?
Hey, how's it goin?
Prit

Review Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review Corner   Review Corner I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 5:08 am

Cos WUC is pretty gooD.

And, yeah I thought the same till I rated them, lool.

But I think the reason why Experience is a bit lower is cos of all the crappy sfx bullshit that brought down half of it's songs. Maybe if I included the disc 2 shit, Exp would be a bit higher. But IMD would be SHITass then.
Back to top Go down
Prit
Hey, how's it goin?
Hey, how's it goin?
Prit

Review Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review Corner   Review Corner I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:02 am

wtf I disagree with half of the EXP ratings now. GREat

Loooalz
Back to top Go down
Prit
Hey, how's it goin?
Hey, how's it goin?
Prit

Review Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review Corner   Review Corner I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 10:59 am

Right I'm doing one of these for this cos idk it might be interesting to go back later and see if I feel differently about shit like with The Prodigy albums. I totes appreciate Experience more now and wtf I gave 3 Kilos a 0?! Anyways, this is probably the best DANCE, ELECTRONIC WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANNA CALL IT album I've heard in a long time, I would pretty much give it a 9.8 so it deserves a fat bum off fest review post, lol. Also, I have nothing better to do.

SO without further ado, I bring you my sicharse review of

ZION (2014)

Savant

• Anunnaki

"Anunnaki"
7/10
Good

It's a solid start to the album. An intro track so that's why I can't really give it a higher score. Good dramatic buildup into the first track, could have been part of Arrival, just like every other intro track he's done (I'm looking at you, Awakening Wonders).

• Arrival

"DOoodoDOodoODOodODOodoDOodoDOodoDOO"
8/10
Epic

Really good way to start off the album, it's upbeat and NICE & CATCHY. Only way I can really fault this is that it's a bit repetitive compared to other tracks on this album, but whatever, what can I say, this gave me CHILLS when I first slapped the album on.

• Apocalypse

"It's not meant to be catchy, it's meant to sound like the fucking apocalypse."
9/10
Epic

Never heard anything like it. The beat is sich, the lead line in this is quite nice lolno, it's quite unique, honestly. Really does give off a world ending vibe in contrast to Arrival. The chiptune breakdowns are just a great added bonus and ofc the piano adds a nice touch too. Buildups in this are pretty much perfect. And that twist, oh god...
One thing I would fault this on is the ending, but apart from that, this song deffo lived up to the hype.

• Crusade

"Beat the bitch up"/"Speed the bitch up" TAKE YOUR PICK
9/10
Epic

We get straight into this one from 0:00, immediate intense drums here, by now you can see he's pretty much perfected the art of buildup. The gradual escalation never drags and only pays off really well with a pretty sich mini breakdown beat thing followed by an equally sich drop. The drums on this stand out, I think. Only fault on this is that it isn't as good as other tracks, lol. Flows into the next track well.

• Desert Eagle

"DOOTDOODOODODODOODOodoODOO"
9/10
Epic

The build up is real. The entire song is a build up and I don't care because it's so well done. Only fault is that on it's own the tiny amount of choonage is too much of a tease, however it works well to flow into CoG.

• Castle of Gods

"Il-Il-Il-Illumina-" oh wait "DeWDEWDOEDOWEDOWEODOWEDOWODOODodoo"
10/10
Jizz

Here begins the DOPE TRINITY of songs of ZION. I mean just look at this #BEUTY. A good kickoff followed by some Orakel-like orchestral string build up and a strong punchy drop. The interplay of synth and strings in this is just perfection. The reverb snare only makes this fatly majestic song sound even bigger. Winds down steadily to cool you off for another round of perfection.

• Nazareth

"Shalom"
10/10
Jizz

This right here is perfection. I cannot fault this at all. It is literally too good. "Jewish time" off Air Balloon on crack, I love it. Break it down part halfway through is sich.

• Princess of Zion

"Together againTogether againTogether againTogether againTogether againTogether againTogether againTogether againTogether again"
9/10
Epic

That fade in is sexy. Drums are perfect on this, lead choonage is sich, vocal samples work well. Did I mention that fade in? It's pretty good, you know. Love the out-of-nowhere drops in this one. The combination of the choonage and that first drop we heard at the "Careful trap" part works smoothly. Only thing I can fault this on is that the first and main inclusion of the tune isn't as smooth as the one we heard on the Waffle mix, but everything else is perfect. Oh yeah, and that fade in is pretty sexy.

• Outcasts

"mmmmmmmHMMMMm mmmmmHmmmmmmmm"
9/10
Epic

Solid chill outish tune. Piano skillz for days on this one. Breaks up the album quite well, gives you a bit of a breather. The effect on the bass is a nice touch, too.

• Shazam

"SHIZ AM"
9/10
Epic

He ain't fuckin around here, straight from chill out to yet another intensefest. Very dramatic buildup to a good drop that only gets better as the song progresses. Good balance of heaviness and choonage in the drop.

• Spider

"Just want the ????"
9/10
Epic

Really good beat, nice bass effects in this one (that phone vibrate - CAN'T UNHEAR), drop is different but good. Build up is very well done as is the case with the other songs.

• Royality

"EEE-eee E-E-EEEEE EE-EEEeEE"
9/10
Epic

Nice old skool Savant vibe to this one, with a twist. Don't really get the intro build up, though. cough.wav

• Mecca

"AAYAAEEAEAUEYAIUEYPIAIEAIUAEAEIAYEAEYAIEAUIAOAALLAH"
10/10
Jizz

Bit of a GROWER this one, but once you get to appreciate the layers of this song, you can really get into it. Very nice atmospheric effects goin on in this song. Buildup layers up into Qwentalis' vocals really smoothly. Really gets going with Qwentititit's vocals to lead you into a pretty heavy drop. Layers up sexily. Nice old skooly breakdown thing leads into the very atmospheric mellow section of the song which leads back to that heavy drop. Overall very effective. Winds down smoothly.

• Meshugga

Villaintune.wav
7/10
Good

The Narayan of the album could have been better, but it has it's merits. Goodarse beat with a sich buildup and an alright drop. I prefer the parts around the drop to the drop, honestly. The only slight disappointment of the album, though still a very good track. Those claps are nice.

• Sons of Babel

Creepyintrovocals.wav
9/10
Epic

Just when you think you've heard it all, this one pops out. Took me by surprise a bit, only complaint with this one is it's a bit too short, only drops once then fucks off. I mean, that ending, though.

• Zion

"Light this bitch up"
9/10
Epic

Very good ending to a near perfect album. Best finisher Savant has done. Really like the vocals and the overall direction of the song. Drops fit in quite well.

Overall, I think Savant's gone above and beyond to explore this middle eastern/religious theme with this album and produced the best thing he's ever made. Deffo tops Alchemist. Will be interesting to see if I still hold this HIGHARSE opinion of the album a few months (or years?!?!?) down the line...
Back to top Go down
Prit
Hey, how's it goin?
Hey, how's it goin?
Prit

Review Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review Corner   Review Corner I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 8:10 am

PoZ is a 10, just sayin'...

#Zionisatimelessclassicconfirmed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Review Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review Corner   Review Corner I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review Corner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TripArc :: General Entertainment :: Music-